Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kayakfishing and Great Whites

Hi Guys
Well early in Oct. after baiting up a big sloppy mackrel fillet and letting it drift a few meters behind me while im putting a shad on the other rod, the great white stuck his head out of the water behind me and looked at me whilst on my kayak at Cape Vidal, my Hart bending tappets and valves, I swore and then prayed and didnt even think twice about the fact that you cant swear and then pray, you should rather decide either one and stick to it, but im still thanking God that i manage to paddle away softly after biting off my lines immediatly and leaving him with my baits and he didnt follow me, {don't paddle away hardcore, it exites them}, i went out this past w/end and my mate wally hooked a small shark that tangled with my line and whilst he was trying to untangle the shark with the rod a great white came in to take the small shark when he got wacked by wallys shark pod and diverted away maybe 2m below us, what a big fish!!! it was absolutly macnivicent to see him in action right under us, and didnt come back to bother us, that showed me he's not intrested in us but rather in the shark that was splashing around next to wally, they are definatly inquisitive and any splashing/panic action is a dailing tone for them.
Back to the fishing report, some snoek are still coming out with dorries and a few couta showing face, some wahoo too so get rigged up and come paddling boyz.
Cheers
Lawrence
www.deepseakayakfishing.com 

No comments: